Monday 16 February 2009

Conscience

Conscience. My Conscience,
Allow me to be, as I desire.
Leave me to taste,
Temptation, as She so asks.
Let me live, leave me to feel
For denial is a lie.
How does one exist,
Without the pleasure of pain?
Why see, if not to touch
Why touch, if not to feel,
Why thirst, if not to quench…
Surely oceans lie in waste, otherwise?
What is it to be, to be
If not to melt into each calling of passion?
Leave me be, you are useless
For when I loved with honour, I lost.
Time and again ravaged, on account of your counsel
I tied the sinews of my heart to another's.
Now stretched on life's wrack, stretched till the sinews gave way
Can he not rest, in your grave?
All morals be gone, for what good is morality
Without the man?

by Haemophiliac...
...finished 16/02/09

No comments:

Post a Comment