Tuesday 31 March 2009

Death

I left one night
In search of Death,
Tired
Of waiting.
“To be a rock
And not to roll”,
Words without meaning,
I thought?
To be watched,
Prisoners in our own lives,
Shells, time and no time at all,
Save in anticipation.
I left, knife in hand
Exhausted faith
Steely resolve,
Fearless through terrorization.
What is it to grow old
And watch our pain
Live on
Through the fruits we bear?
To wait, for Love
For God, for Faith
To wait, and wait…
I wait no more.
With the comfort of a vagabond
I searched the cobbled streets
For proof of life…
To be.
When the cold steel
Pierced me, deep into my flesh
As the colour ran from me, even veins no more blue,
I saw what I came to see.
An irony then, comical even
That at such a moment
Comes the realisation, that once tasted
True love, is bittersweet.

By Haemophiliac…
finished 31/03/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment