Wednesday 25 March 2009

Eulogy for a Peasant

I long to eulogise
The man I saw
Filthy and unkempt, sitting
By the road today.
I wish to recite
Eloquent prose
In his defence, and the damnation
Of mankind.
But like God, I have no poetry
For the likes of him,
Beyond even
The mercy of worthless words.
No eulogy,
So that there may be some dignity in life,
As there will be none
In death.
Like all, I have nothing for such being
Save a glance, and a glance away
Before eyes should meet
And a person he become.
Amazing, that in a world overcrowding with life
Anyone should find themselves alone.
That life, who’s sustenance hinges on the life force of another
Should die of thirst in an ocean of souls.
Say nothing, see nothing, feel nothing,
The able willingly disabled,
Relinquishing all sensation,
Only so that like our Creator, we feel no shame.

By Haemophiliac...
...finished 25/03/09

No comments:

Post a Comment